Do you have a qualifying condition?
Interested in finding out if your medical condition qualifies for a patient card? Learning more about what Ohio’s qualifying conditions are, and what current research says about them, are the first steps in obtaining a medical marijuana patient card. Click on each of the approved conditions below to learn about how medical marijuana may be able to bring relief.
Remember to consult with your physician before beginning a new treatment program. This information is not intended for use as a substitution for professional medical guidance.
Petition to add a new condition
If you are interested in seeing additional conditions added to the approved conditions list, the State Medical Board of Ohio has developed a detailed process for submitting a petition to do so. Petitions are only accepted by the Board during specific periods throughout the year, so please check with the OMMCP website before filing your petition.
Petitions filed through the OMMCP website should include the following components:
- Name and contact information
- Specific disease or condition requested to be added
- Information from experts who specialize in the study of the disease or condition
- Relevant medical or scientific evidence
- Consideration of whether conventional medical therapies are insufficient to treat or alleviate the disease or condition
- Evidence supporting the use of medical marijuana to treat or alleviate the disease or
- condition and other types of medical or scientific documentation
- Letters of support provided by physicians